Friday, March 7, 2008

Another visit to Dr. Chen

Yesterday was Shane's 2nd week of Chemo. He is still doing GREAT!! He feels fine. He still is working out 2 times a day. So for anyone who wants to ask how he is feeling.... he would prefer you didn't or it will be followed by...GREAT...how are you feeling? (in a sarcastic voice) It is quite hysterical actually. He is the positive, strong one in the family!!
He has a total of 9 weeks of chemo and it will end the middle of April. He is so excited for the song that the nurses sing to you on your last day. :) It's actually pretty cute.
So we received the results to Shane's bone scan from Dr. Chen today. The cancer is in the bone in many places. They are as follows: left proximal femur, right sacroiliac region, mid right clavicle, left anterior second and fifth ribs, left inferior scapula, right mid humerus, right proximal ulna, right high parietal skull, right proximal tibia. I am not sure where some of those are...but that is the list from the CT report.
Dr. Chen told us that she wants him to continue with chemo for now and when the 9 weeks is up, he will be re-scanned and re-evaluated.

2 comments:

kellieanne said...

This is Kellie, Sean's sister. MaryJane sent a link for your blog. I really love and appreciate your family and will think of all of you often in the weeks to come.

kelsie said...

Hey Jen!
Just thought I would let you know that Cody and I are thinking of you, Shane, and the family! I think you guys are truely amazing!
Kelsie