Shane had his chemo treatment yesterday and he feels great! It is not the greatest thing to do on your birthday, but it was great because we did get to spend all day together. HCI is so great...we sat there in The Infusion Suite (yes somehow it is a suite) side-by-side with our laptops dialed into work. How great is it that we can be sitting in a hospital getting chemo (yes the chemo part sucks) and work as if we are sitting at our desks at the office. Gotta love technology.
So we learned an interesting thing from the lovely chemo education we received yesterday. So anything that comes out of your body for 48 hours after chemo is toxic, including sperm. It was kind of strange to think about.
Anyway, Shane is feeling good. In fact, he said that he kind of felt an energy high and had a hard time falling asleep - but the could have been the sugar high he was feeling from the chocolate molten cake, ice cream, and eclairs he had just eaten :)
24 Years Ago
2 years ago
6 comments:
So Ashley Clark (your favorite hair stylist), who is my sister-in-law, sent me your blog link today. She thought I would be interested since 1. I had twins almost 2 years ago and that pre-tummy tuck picture looks All too familiar. I can't wait to get one to actually get rid of some of these awful stretch marks and perhaps un-morph my belly button. And 2. My sister has gone through the cancer battle with her late husband and you might find some comfort in looking at her blog. I'm sure people who go through these Unfortunate circumstances can relate to eachother. brycedbrown.com. I'm sure I'll be seeing you in the future since I'm at DeLeon every couple months getting my hair done!
My uncle is in stage four of Lymphoma cancer and he was telling me the other day that he has a really hard time sleeping after chemo too! Gotta get him some good books or something!
Oh my hell! I was thinking the same thing!!! I almost posted a comment to her but thought I was just over reacting. There is no comfort in reading that website. Anyway, Shane and Jen are going to beat this!
Do you get free Chemo on your birthday at Huntsman? or at least a discount? Maybe anniversaries too? A little something for the suggestions box!
I think that is a good question. I think I will ask them tomorrow since our anniversary is in a couple months. :)
Post a Comment