As I sit here on the 6th floor of the Huntsman Cancer Institute I peer out the window over looking the valley while I enjoy my complimentary waffle, I am almost overwhelmed with the rush of thoughts entering my mind. And as if automatic my mind pauses on a single thought, a thought that has been with me for quite some time. People it is “thaw” not “unthaw”, think about it for a minute, thaw is the opposite of freeze, so that would make unthaw the same as freeze, correct? Then why does everyone say they are going to put something in the microwave to unthaw it? Somewhere birds are chirping, somewhere children laugh and somewhere, someone is UNTHAWING something but it isn’t in a microwave.
24 Years Ago
2 years ago
5 comments:
Funny you mention that Shane, I was just telling Jen that I didn't want to "unthaw" chicken last night, at that exact moment Patti passed and brought to my attention that I said "unthaw". Keep up the random thoughts, they're quite entertaining.
enjoy your waffle :)
we say unthaw because my mom said unthaw- grandma shepherd and grandma turner-mcneil said un-thaw and so on and so on. It I know I have a few more of these types of ism's. I will let you know as soon as I remember them!
Oh yeah! and Happy birthday!
How nice that such things would cross your mind while eating your complimentary waffle. You could start down the whole road of "why do we park on a driveway & drive on a parkway" too while your at it. Your funny.
Post a Comment