Friday, September 26, 2008

Tackle Football

So Dylan and Dallas decided that they wanted to play tackle football this year. I was a little concerned because I heard how time consuming practices are. They started at the beginning of August with having practice Monday through Friday for 1 1/2 or 2 hours per night. When school started, they cut it back to 3 nights per week for 1 1/2 hours each. Now this is for 4th graders.... Their coaches are pretty intense. All players are guaranteed at least 10 plays in each game if they have shown up to all the practices. If they miss, they don't have to play them at all.

Well Dylan and Dallas absolutely love it!! They come home from practice telling us about the different plays and tackles they did. Dylan is on the starting offense team and is the Tight End. He is a great blocker!! Dallas plays mostly middle linebacker and he loves it!! I tried to get some cool pictures at one of the games...but it's pretty hard to get the timing right so you can actually see one of them instead another player who steps in front.

Dylan is #43 going into block
Dallas is #32

2 comments:

Brindy said...

Wow, those are some long practices! That's awesome that they love it so much though...I'm still trying to figure out what to put my girls in that they will love just as much.

Arica said...

how fun! good to find your blog jen, and glad to read about your sweet family. :)