Monday, April 14, 2008

Good News!

Dr. Chen came and visited us during Shane's chemo today to tell us the results of his scan. She told us...GOOD NEWS!! She said they have started to reduce in size. The soft tissue and lymph node that were cancerous in his neck has "resolved completely," meaning it is gone. There is a slight reduction in the lesions on his ribs. The nodules in the lungs are unchanged, but there aren't any new ones. This is positive that they are seeing results with the chemo. He will continue on with the same treatment he has been doing and will have scans every 6 weeks to monitor the status.

I am so happy that it was good news and especially since he would have had to be hospitalized for chemo had it been bad. What would I have done with Shane in the hospital...who would be here to constantly be sarcastic and to scare everybody to death with his sick and twisted humor (Yes, it was Shane who wrote the April 1st entry as if I had written it). So we are all glad that he will be here to continue on with this.

10 comments:

Jess said...

I am so happy for you guys that this is working. Stay strong and keep fighting- you are winning the battle. We are so happy that you are doing great and are blessed to have you in our lives.

Thompson Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thompson Family said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy and excited for you guys! Good Job Shane! Love YA

Jill said...

This is so fabulous!!! Way to kick that cancer in the ASS!!!!

Malia said...

Wow!! What a relief! I'm so happy for you guys.

Wendy said...

woo hoo!

Amy said...

YES!!! I Love to hear that! Keep up the fight!

Adri said...

YAY!!!!!

Sampson Family said...

Sarcasm should be tested for it's cancer healing benefits, because Shane has it in spades! All I can say is prayers do work!

Vanessa said...

that is so great! great news