Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Crazy Night

Ok so last night was scary. Shane had been quiet ever since I got home from work and said that he wasn’t feeling all that great, well during dinner when I looked over at him I noticed he was quite pale. I asked if he was ok and he gave me his usual “I’m fine”. About 30 minutes later I could hear something strange in the bathroom, as I investigated I found Shane huddled over the toilet puking up blood. We rushed him to the emergency room. After all of the crazyness in the ER and what seemed like a blur I found myself in a room watching Shane sleep with tubes and wires strung all across his body. I realize at that time that the outlook isn’t good for him and I am not sure how much longer I can stay strong. As I sit in a chair with a tear soaked pillow in my lap a thought comes into my head that I ponder and question myself about. Is it wrong for me to smother him? Wouldn’t it be better for the both of us? How long would I have to hold this pillow over his face? Of course I dismissed the horrible thoughts, but as I type this blog entry one more question arises in my heart. Do you know what today’s date is?

6 comments:

CB said...

You have lived with him too long. His warped sense of humor is rubbing off on you! That's what the "Shanes" do to people. CB

Malia said...

LOL. Smother him!!

Jess said...

I bet you would only have to hold the pillow for a few mintues!!!

Amy said...

That was not nice!! Holy crap. I'm sure my face was priceless while I read that

Brindy said...

Wow, that was good! I totally believed every word you typed. I was horrified and felt very sad for you. Nice try! :)

Sampson Family said...

You had me feeling like a horrible sister that I didn't know what was going on until the pillow comment. Then I knew you were BSing. I would expect this behavior from Shane but you had me going cause it was from you!