Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All a Dream.....

It feels like that this last week has been all a dream.  It doesn’t feel real that Shane is really gone.  I am guessing that maybe that is because he isn’t really gone, but still spends a lot time with us here in the house.  The boys have expressed the same feelings to me.  It does just feel like he is on a vacation and will walk in the door anytime.  How I wish that were the case.

It has been hectic getting everything ready for his services but so good to be able to look back through all of our pictures and remember all those good times.  The boys are continually saying how much they miss him and how they wished he were still here.  Rowdy is lost without him.  The first couple of nights, he wandered around the house like he didn’t know what to do.  He spends a lot of time sleeping in Shane’s recliner chair.  Yesterday, I turned on Shane’s cell phone and many text messages came in and the noise it made alerted Rowdy and he came running into the kitchen as I am sure he relates that sound to Shane.

0 comments: